Biscotti for Dogs!
I just made this new treat for Karma’s Easter day surprise and they turned out fantastic! She can’t get enough of them!
- 2 extra ripe banana
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 cups rice flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F) . In a large bowl, whisk together banana, blueberries, honey, water, oil, and egg.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda, mix and then add to your wet mixture.
- In the bowl and using hands, knead until dough holds together.
- Transfer to lightly floured baking sheet. Divide dough into two pieces.
- Shape each piece into a log. Flatten the logs to about 4 inches wide. With a fork, poke holes into the surface of the logs. Dough should be ~4 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until firm.
- Place pan on a rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 150°C (300)°F
- With a sharp knife, cut each log crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place, cut side down, about 1/2 inch apart on baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes longer, or until completely hard.
- Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool completely. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 30 days.
** Baking times will vary based on oven temperatures.
If you try out this recipe we would love to here your thoughts and if your dogs loved it!